Xmas

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Infertile vs Fertile

I read a lot of infertility blogs and it has gotten me wondering, am I an infertile or a fertile? SA was the one diagnosed with azoospermia, I was the one that got pregnant on our first try with DS. We waited 7 years for this baby, I looked longingly at the pregnant ladies and all the babies, I wondered when our turn would be. I had bariatric surgery because I was sure the issue was with me and knew that I wouldn't be treated at my pre-surgery size. I felt like an infertile for so many years but my question is, do I have a "right" to label myself that way? Technically, I can't. I didn't have to take medication, I didn't have a monitored cycle, I got pregnant very easily on our first try and have had a very easy pregnancy. I am blessed, I know that and that is a fact that I don't take for granted for even a second. However, it doesn't take away the fact that I felt like an "infertile" for so long. So, just because my DH isn't producing any sperm, does that make me an infertile?

Things that make you go hmmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment