Xmas

Monday, October 18, 2010

Donating Eggs

Shhh.... Monkey is sleeping while SA makes breakfast before we head to church so what do I do... Blog! I follow several blogs where either they used donated eggs or donated embryos to conceive their children and that got me thinking... I wonder if I could donate my eggs? Am I too old? Will my obesity play a role in retrieval? Would anyone want my eggs knowing that I am obese? Here is what I found...

...donors are usually younger than 35 years old, in good health, and have a healthy family background.

I wouldn't want to donate my eggs until after we have successfully had our 2nd child which we aren't going to try to conceive until 2013 which means I would be 36 years old.

As far as weight, I have fluid in my lapband again and hope to lose a significant amount of weight (100+ pounds) before we try conceiving our next child. If I were able to lose this weight before I donate, technically I wouldn't be severely obese anymore. Obese but not severely obese. (UGH!)

This saddens me. At this point, we know I have good eggs and although this can change, they really won't be put to much use and will just be laying there. Someone should be able to put them to good use but it looks like at this point is just isn't meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment