Xmas

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Totally FREAKIN Out....

I read on one of my IF boards or maybe even a blog about the cry technique for the animals. You play a baby crying (like from u.tu.be) and get the animals use to the noise. It did not freak the animals out but it sure freaked me out. Thank goodness I have four more months left of the pregnancy so that I can do the cry technique with me. Please don't get me wrong, this baby is very wanted and very loved but somehow I "forgot" about the crying. Don't ask me how, I was there when BB was born and I was his daycare for his first year, but somehow I "forgot" about the crying. The video literally sent me into a panic. I am going to be 100% (ok with SA too) for this baby's care. I can't send it away when I can't handle the crying anymore, I will be the one waking up in the middle of the night to sooth, comfort, change and feed our baby. I get it and will have to be "ready" whether or not I want to be. But I am truly panicked. How am I going to do this? I didn't get the nickname "Princess" or have personalized plates that said "All About Me" for no reason. Please someone, tell me this is normal, that it is ok for me to be panicked and that it doesn't make me a bad person.

Oh and as a side note, it is freaking SA out that I am freaking out about the crying. Great! Now lets have a household of freaked out people, but the animals are fine. Grreeaaatttt!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I had a similar experience last week when I was around at a friend's place and her baby was crying, my honest thought was - my god, how am I going to deal with this!?! My answer is one minute at a time, one hour at a time, one day at a time. As long as the animals are fine though, right?!!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness I am not the only one. I was feeling quite guilty!!!

    ReplyDelete