Xmas

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

30 Week Doctor's Appointment

What a morning! Because I failed my one hour glucose screening the first time (12 weeks) and passed my three hour, my ob wanted me to go straight to the three hour. Fine no problem, except that she didn't put the order in. If you all know clinics and I am sure you do, they won't do anything without an order. Finally got the go ahead and it took the dumb tech three differents spots to get my first blood draw. Then came the wonderful sugar drink that you have to drink within 5 minutes. With the lapband and good restriction (think of a small funnel) I can't drink anything that fast and it ended up coming back up. Ack!!!!

So the new plan is, because of my restricted diet (1 cup of food at meal times) we are going to monitor my blood sugar at my appointments. As long as they are were they need to be, she isn't going to worry about making me try to drink that crap. Yeah...

On a side note, she is due in October and unless I go early she won't be delivering me. The chances she would delivery me was 1 in 7 (all the doctors in the clinic take a 24 hour rotation) so it's not a big deal but man what I wouldn't do for a small town doctor at this point.

I get to see baby bear again in 4 weeks when we are going to do another ultrasound to see how big he has gotten.

I also thought it was kinda funny that I just started going to this clinic at the beginning of the year. However, the lab tech remembers me pre-surgery and thought it was great that I had lost a lot of weight. HAHAHA must be a different patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment