Xmas

Monday, June 14, 2010

What a way to start Monday....

Ok so my mom is going through a nasty divorce, while her live-in boyfriend fixes her house up in hopes to sell. She doesn't have a lot of money and I am fully aware of that. The ONLY thing I wanted from her for this baby was a quilt. She has all the fabric in her stash and I bought the pattern for her. The only thing she has to do is give up her time. I bought the pattern two months ago and she hasn't picked out the fabric yet. This is the quilt that I want to bring the baby home with and it's going to take sometime. Side note: She was going to make a quilt for my nephew that is 18 months now and hasn't even started that one.

Anyways, this morning, she was bemoaning the fact on how hard life is right now and she is just under so much pressure and trying hard not to let herself get down. And I truly try to stay neutral and be there for her. With that in mind, I asked her if she would still have time to do the quilt and if not, let me know and I will make it myself.

This is the response I got:


Evidently, you have some expectations of me that I am not living up to. Unfortunately, since I don't know what those are, I am sure to fail.
I'm not sure what this morning was all about, but I have every intention to make the quilt, and get it done, prior to the baby being born. In fact, my goal was the end of August. I did not realize you wanted it sooner than that, or my not getting it made immediately somehow implies that I'm not excited about the birth.


No worries. The quilt will get done. With what has gone on today, I'm sure receiving it will no longer be a joyous event, but it will be made. In fact, regardless of what else that might need to be done, or how my back and knee feels, I will spend every extra moment that I have at home, working on it, until I can place it safely in your hands. I am so sorry I am such a disappointment both as a mother and grandmother.

According to her last response, this wasn't meant to be mean and hurtful and she is sorry that I took it that way... Ummm yeah, did I totally take this wrong? I don't think so. There are some days where I am really starting to "hate" my mother who use to be my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment