Xmas

Friday, November 5, 2010

To Caffeine or Not to Caffeine....


Oh how I miss caffeine but I gave it up a month before I got pregnant with Theodore to avoid the withdrawl headaches. (1 large coffee from Car.i.bou, several cans or bottles of Dt Pep.si and regular ice tea.) Basically I was a walking source of caffeine. Because I knew it was bad for baby and I, I gave it up and really only attempted it once after he was born. He is exclusively getting breast milk and I only had a little (not even thinking about it.) He was so irritable, that I have not attempted it again.

With going back to work and getting limited sleep, I am wondering if I can start to have it again. Let's be honest, I could leave that caffeinated milk for when he is at daycare and let them deal with the repercussions. (That sounds really mean and very bad of me.)

However, I haven't had it in so long, do I really need it or just want it. If I start to allow caffeine again into my diet, it means I cut down on water consumption which I need to keep up for the breast milk and I would eventually have to go off of it again.

So for now, I will try to be a good girl and not have it. Can't make that promise once I get back to work but only time will tell.

1 comment: